Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Chilly Monday




Good Monday everyone!  We had a very nice weekend.  After some work filling holes in the yard and sowing grass seed yesterday, we came in from the wind and rested most of the afternoon. 

Since there is such a chill in the air I cooked a large pot of beef stew and homemade dinner rolls yesterday.  It went down very nicely and we have enough for another meal, maybe tomorrow.  Yesterday I also baked some chocolate chip cookies and they turned out quite well.  I had read a tip that if you roll your dough into balls and then roll the balls into granulated sugar it does something nice for the cookies.  The cookies were more uniform in size and when you bite into them there is a little snap from the sugar but the inside is still very moist.  Try it next time you bake cookies.


I took three quilts to my friend and long-arm quilter, Reggie, this morning.  One quilt is made from a hand-painted panel from India; one is a bright and happy Jellyroll Race quilt and the third is a Wacky Web Halloween quilt.   It will be about three weeks before I get them back and then I will bind them.  I'm very fortunate to live less than 5 minutes from my quilter and the same distance from my favorite fabric store!  Here's a sneak peak at the Halloween quilt before it was pressed ~~



The stores are full of Halloween/Fall decorator items and candy.  This is my favorite time of year!!

Wishing you a day filled with Peace and Plenty!   Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment