Followers

Saturday, December 27, 2014

THE DAY AFTER THE DAY AFTER ~~~~


Today is the day after the day after Christmas.  Our Christmas was sweet and slow this year.  We slept in a little and had a nice breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls.  Our dinner was turkey with all the trimmings and Dutch apple pie with ice cream for dessert.  The day got even slower after eating all that food!  We have enjoyed our Christmas tree so much this year that we've decided to leave it up another week or so. 

The yummy Funfetti cookies were a real hit at our house and I'm sure with everyone who tried the recipe.  If you missed this 3-ingredient recipe shared by The Hidden Pantry blog, scroll down two posts and give it a try.  I've never baked cookies that had Cool Whip as an ingredient. 

I'm expecting the delivery of my Christmas gift (a Janome 12000) from my Hubby Jeff on Tuesday.  At least this is what UPS Tracking is indicating.  The last time UPS brought me a new sewing machine I was so excited I ran out the front door jumping up and down.  The poor driver thought I was going to tackle him.  That driver has since retired and I will make every effort to control myself Tuesday.  I don't want to scare him and have him drop my new machine.  What can I say ~~  when I'm happy I'm happy all over!

I hope your Christmas was everything you dreamed of and more.  As women I think we are relieved that the rush is over with and life can resume at a more normal pace. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ~~~~  Barb



1 comment:

  1. Barb, I hope you enjoy your machine, I loved mine, was so sad I had to sell it, when we had to move this summer.

    ReplyDelete