Followers

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

CURVED LOG CABIN


It's not news that my sewing for 2015 has been sluggish at best.  This week I took the Illusion and the patchwork scottie dog tops to my quilter Reggie so she can bring them to life. 

My current project is a curved log cabin quilt made with Christmas colors (though not Christmas prints) for our wonderful neighbors who helped us so much this past winter while we were snowed/iced in. 

I have 24 of the 36 blocks made so far.  They will be set in the Barn Raising design, although being curved blocks they won't have the crisp angles that regular logs have.  What do you think so far ~~~  here are a few of the blocks. 




There is a wonderful tutorial for the Curved Log Cabin at Missouri Star.  This pattern uses 2.5" strips (print) and 1.5" solid strips.  I cut my own 1.5" strips from French Vanilla yardage from RJR. 

Today is going to be a quiet day here and I plan to spend a few hours in the sewing room.

Wishing you all a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. That's going to be a beautiful quilt Barb! I love the fabric you chose and it will be perfect for winter and Christmas without being just Christmas-y.

    ReplyDelete