Followers

Friday, April 25, 2014

A QUIET FRIDAY

Daddy speaks and the Girls are all ears!

Where did this week go!  It seems like I got very little accomplished. 

Hubby is taking off work early today so we can begin to fix a broken water line in our old house in town.  Walls may need to be torn out to get to the leak...oh, how I hope this doesn't have to happen.  Do you ever feel like you take three steps forward and two steps back?

You may notice some changes to my blog, like added pages where you can go directly to quilts or other topics.  Some of the pages are still under construction and will be posted when they are complete.  We have been having electrical storms and I'm on and then off the computer.  It's hard to get a block of work done when I have to keep unplugging everything electronic. 

My constant companion, Miss Dottie, has been sticking closer to me than a shadow.  Both Girls are with me most of the time, but Dottie has decided I should never be out of her sight.  When we got the Girls last summer I was pretty sure Sweet Olive would be my little shadow.  Dottie and I have had our struggles about the living room furniture and walking on a leash, but she has come a long way in the past months.  She is almost the way she would have been had we raised her from a pup. 

Scotties are notoriously stubborn and Miss Dottie got an extra measure of it.  I've learned that you need to pick your battles with Scotties.  If stubborn is their primary characteristic then mischevious is the second.  Dottie is always rummaging through my things looking for something pretty to run off with.  Little Olive never bothers a thing and often scolds Dottie when she misbehaves. 

I have to log off again due to lightning hitting the ground around us again. 

Wishing you a wonderful Friday.  Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the water line!! I know that can't be fun :-(

    ~ Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck fixing the water line. I hope it's not as bad as it could be. I can tell by the picture that the girls really listen to Jeff. I hope your storms are over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your day isn't too stressful also, hope you have good luck fixing the problem. I hope this doesn't sound rude but, could you keep your storms your way, LOL, LOL,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the way the girls are listening to Jeff, they are so cute.

      Delete