Followers

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WATER WOES



I guess we all know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men.  This was going to be a week of sewing for me after a weekend of hard work.  As often happens, a household repair changed everything.

Our water heater decided to give up the ghost and leaked all over the floor of the closet where it's located.  The scope of the problem is that this closet backs up to our main bathroom and kitchen, so we had water everywhere.  A quick trip to Lowe's and we thought we were all set, but we discovered we had left our furniture dolly in Cuba last weekend.  I made a trip to retrieve it yesterday morning, leaving before the sun came up.  I was back home by 10 am and we set to work.  Murphy's Law was in full force yesterday and everything that could go wrong did go wrong.  After two additional trips to the hardware store (thank goodness we have one in our small town) we finished up our project about 9 last night and dropped into bed totally worn out.  Fortunately Jeff and I work well together because that job was totally a team project. Today I have to clean up the mess and put the bathroom back together.  So much for my plan to sew! 

I'm not pouting about not being able to sew because I'm totally thankful for the days and hours I have to do whatever my heart desires.  These detours in our lives are what keep life interesting and our bank account empty! 

Wishing you all a great day filled with Peace & Plenty!

2 comments:

  1. What is it with home plumbing jobs that means that everything takes three times as long as it should do? Even trying to find the right sizes of pipe can be hard work if some of your plumbing uses imperial measurements and some of it uses metric measurements... sigh.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nightmare! As well as the cost, you also have a damaged floor. This happened to us a few years back and, when we called out our plumbing contractor, they told us that the water heater was condemned. Thankfully, they quickly replaced it for us, and so far we have had no issues with it leaking!

    ReplyDelete