Followers

Sunday, November 2, 2014

ILLUSION QUILT BLOCKS


Halloween has come and gone for another year.  Our weather has taken a definite turn toward Winter and it's time to pull out our warm winter clothes and quilts.

While on our trip to Missouri Star in Hamilton, Missouri I bought a layer cake of Grunge fabric by Basicgrey.  I'm in love with this fabric line because it reminds me of raw silk.  For the past week I've been making blocks for an Illusion quilt from the Grunge and a light grey print called Marblehead from Paintbrush Studio for the shadow edge.



The illusion is that the shadow strip on the left of the colored rectangles make them appear to be floating.  There is a great tutorial on how to make this easy block at Missouri Star Quilt Company or YouTube. 

I'm heading for the kitchen to bake a batch of cinnamon rolls for my hungry Hubby.

Wishing you all a wonderful day with family and friends.


3 comments:

  1. Love it, I might have to have a go at one myself. How lucky were you to get to go to the shop, its on my bucket list but I think its one of the things that is not going to happen, we will see,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopped over from Sweet blondie blue eyes blog and have become a follower. I am new to patchwork and absolutely love the Missouri star Quilt Company on you tube, I love to watch Jenny, she makes things look so easy and so much fun.

    Your illusion quilt looks fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, Welcome to my blog. The illusion block is super simple to make. I hope you give it a try!

    ReplyDelete