Followers

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

CIRCLE QUILT DONE


I just finished binding the circle quilt that I showed you a few days ago.  It always thrills me when a quilt comes alive under the hand of the quilter.  I hesitated to turn the blocks into a quilt because I thought they were ugly.  I laid them out and sewed them into a top and took it to my quilter, Reggie.  After she added her special stippling and TLC it has become one of my favorite quilts!  The circles are raw edge applique so they will fray a little with use, which I think adds to the charm.




I rounded the corners to echo the shape of the blocks.  I had to use bias binding but I didn't have to miter the corners, so it was a trade off.  This will be our Summer 2014 quilt.  It's also my second UFO in the last month.  Could I be on a roll?

My next project will be another UFO stack of blocks.  I will post pictures after I locate them.

Wishing you a day filled with Peace & Plenty!

1 comment:

  1. Barb, your circle quilt is really pretty! I recently finished a top that I am not loving and soon it will be quilted. Perhaps once it is completely finished, I will like it more.

    ReplyDelete