Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

FIRST FINISH FOR 2015



Not everything goes away if you ignore it and such was the case with this little paper-pieced Christmas tree.  I pieced it and even hand quilted it 15+ years ago.  It has been a permanent fixture in my UFO pile all these years.  Yesterday I decided I either needed to finish it or get rid of it. 

It didn't take any time to bind it.  I actually have some of the red border fabric in my stash (can you believe it!!) but I thought green binding would look a little more festive.  Then came the fun part of sewing on the red hexie buttons on the tree and adding some buttons to the tree skirt to look like gifts.  I had these cute buttons for years.  Unfortunately they had plastic shanks on the back, so with my little needle nose pliers I broke the shanks off and used some fabric glue to attach the button fronts to the skirt so they would stay in place.  Yes, I said fabric glue ~~  something I normally would never do.  I may be starting out 2015 as a Rebel!  BTW, I happened to notice I forgot to sew a button on branch 3 on the right.  It's there now! Taking pictures of your projects is the best way I know to spot your mistakes. 

I know I have a scottie dog UFO in my cabinet and that may be my next project.  It will be a tribute to all the scottie girls and one male who have shared their precious lives with me for the last 40+ years. 

Have you started anything new in 2015?  I would love to hear about it if you have. 

Blessings to Everyone on this very cold winter day.



2 comments:

  1. Love that you're finishing things. I spent the past two days finishing Christmas projects from various years. Each year, I like make something and give one to each of my four kids. The projects I am finishing are one-of-a-kind, so I guess I'll get to keep them for myself!

    Freezing here in the Pittsburgh area too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas tree, I'm very happy you didn't get rid of it and completed it.

    ReplyDelete