Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

MINI CUTIES!



Surely I'm not the only quilter who has fallen in love with mini charms ~~  2 1/2" squares of pure cuteness.  These little cuties are not available in every fabric line but there seems to be more lately.  It's simple to cut your own minis from leftover 2 1/2" strips or yardage.  If you have a charm pack you love it can be cut into four mini packs by cutting the squares in half in both directions ~~  easey peasey!

Last summer I cut mini tumblers using the mini tumbler template from Missouri Star using some leftover strips from the Ruby and Apple of My Eye lines.  Here's the table runner I made for our kitchen.  ~~




Before Christmas 2014 I made a candle/wax burner mat from a mini pack of  In From the Cold line by Kate Spain by Moda.  I used a layer of Insulbrite plus a layer of cotton batting inside the mat.  Including the binding the whole project took less than two hours.  A good tip is to save leftover binding to use on small projects like this.  If you are on my girlfriend gift list next Christmas you may find one of these in your stocking!
 
 
 

Don't overlook these cuties when making small items.  I find them easy and fun to work with. 
 
Wishing you a day filled with Peace & Plenty.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love these little cuties too - I belong to a mini-charm pack club through Fat Quarter Shop - I receive 4 packs per month - its really fun and I always have mini-charms on hand. I have made many pot holders (quick gift) but I would love to make your tumbler runner - what a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the table runner and the Christmas table topper using the mini charm packs.

    ReplyDelete