Followers

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

ALMOST A FINISH





The small scottie dog quilt I showed you last time is ready to go to my quilter.  Once Reggie adds her magic touch I think this will be a cute quilt for a future great-grand.  I also made an extra block to turn into a small pillow sham.  I can't wait to see this project finished.

I'm always in awe at the generous spirit of other quilters who share inspiration, ideas and tips freely.  Yesterday I read a tip about using a plate rack for holding embroidery hoops.  Since I needed a better way to store my rulers I thought I would give it a try.  What do you think?  I have all my long rulers on the bottom, midsize rulers in the middle and a 12" square and miscellaneous other rulers on top.  I had to move a thread rack to hang the plate rack, so I have holes to spackle and paint.  I had the plate rack in the garage waiting a yard sale.


Someone suggested I hook a basket to the bottom to hold my small rulers.  That's another good idea.

I hope the sun is shining where you are.  Our Spring is dilly-dallying. 

Thanks for stopping in. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea for my rulers. I have an extra plate rack I got from the goodwill store so will give this a try. My space is so limited in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute quilt, love the squares. I have a Airedale terrier and the silhouette is similar. What a great idea for the rulers too!
    Found you from MSQ forum. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete