Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Home Again - Home Again!




My husband's annual deer hunting trip to northern Missouri ended prematurely due to weather problems.... very warm temperatures and pouring rain with no let-up in sight.  After three days of sitting in his hunting blind he decided to pack it in and come home.  He had a safe trip - a good three hour drive pulling a trailer loaded to the hilt.  Hunting is his passion, as quilting is mine.  Although he came home empty handed, he had a good time getting away and visiting with our good friends who host him every year. 

Miss Molly, our 13 yo Scottie, and I enjoyed a few days of leisure while Hubby was away.  I love the casual meals I put together with no cooking or cleanup....frozen pizza and salad, frozen pot pies, etc.  I didn't say they were exactly nutritious, just easy and filling!  We also caught up our our naps. 

I finally put binding on the Jellyroll Race quilt that I sewed together almost a year ago.  Talk about UFO's!  The fabric is a Soul Blossoms jellyroll by Amy Butler.  The border is a piece of batik I had left over from another project and the backing is a large pink paisley print.   I love the 70's retro feel of Soul Blossoms. 



One other small project got its binding ~ a Christmas table runner.  I made it last year also and think the border is a Kate Spain print (don't hold me to this).   The rest of the runner is a fabric purchased at my local fabric store.  This will be a gift for a friend.



The backing of the runner is a cute tree print.

I'm continuing to make more of the EZ table runners (see archives) and have several ready to finish.  These are a breeze to make and look like they are so much more work than they are.  For anyone needing a nice gift, I recommend one of these.

My posts have been sketchy lately.  Little has been happening other than the election and watching and praying for those affected by Sandy and the winter blast of last week.  I wish it was within my power to make it all go away for those suffering through this disaster. 

Until next time I wish you Peace & Plenty,   Barb




 


No comments:

Post a Comment