Followers

Monday, February 10, 2014

COOKIE DAY AT OUR HOUSE




When I woke up this morning to more snow falling I knew my plans for the day were going to have to wait.  I had only planned to go to the grocery store and post office, but with the ice factor being what it has been my sensible side told me not to risk going out.  What to do...what to do.....

I know I'm an old softie when it comes to our Scotties, Dottie & Olive.  I thought this morning was the perfect time to bake a few batches of homemade treats for the Girls and they were in total agreement. 

After a couple of hours and a wicked mess all over the floor, here's the result.


I put the cookies into quart bags and freeze them to keep them fresh.  The Girls love their special treats and will be on their very best behavior when there is a chance to indulge in one!

To make these for your furbaby:

Preheat your oven to 350 and put parchment paper onto two cookie sheets.

Mix with electric mixer:
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
1 mashed ripe banana
1/4 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter

Add and mix well:
4 cups flour
1/2 - 1 cup oats
1/2 cup cornmeal
Extra oats for rolling

This makes a thick, sticky dough.  I sprinkle the counter with oats and put the dough on top of the oats and press it with my hands to make the oats on the bottom stick to the dough.  Lift the dough and put more oats on the counter and turn the dough over onto the oats and press so both sides are now coated with oats.

Pat or roll the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness and cut out.  I use a bone-shaped cutter about 3 inches long.  If you use a cutter it will help to dip it into flour after every few cuts.

Place cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for approximately 20 minutes.  Turn the cookies over and bake for 15 minutes more.

This recipe makes a good amount of biscuits.  The number of biscuits depends on how you cut them.  I keep a bag on the counter and store the rest in the freezer in zip bags. 

Note:  Today I cut down on the water and added some canned pumpkin.  Dottie is a little suspicious about the pumpkin but Olive loved them.  Dottie doesn't like change in any area of her life.  Olive is a free spirit who's always willing to try anything. 

Now I'm off to straighten the sewing room.

Wishing you Peace & Plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment