Followers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Meet Lola



Yesterday was an exciting day for me.  After all the months trying to decide what kind of new sewing machine to buy and considering all the angles and options, my new Janome arrived.  I think I scared the UPS driver a little because I was so excited.  He said he thought I was going to tackle him!

The new machine (named her Lola) is a Janome MC9500 and I must say that she looks a little imposing after the simplicity of my former machine, a 20-year-old Janome MC4000.  The old machine is going to stay in the sewing room as a back-up or for when I have a group over for sewing. 

I am now dipping a toe into the foreign world of machine embroidery and look forward to seeing what I can create!  I have wished for quite some time that I could produce nice embroidered labels for my quilts and add touches of embroidery here and there on my quilt tops. I must say that having an embroidery machine opens up all sorts of new shopping adventures!  Hubby is really going to love that...lol!  Actually, Hubby says that if the heatwave doesn't break pretty soon we are going to go bankrupt.  Since I've been spending more time indoors lately, I've managed to buy a new laptop and a sewing machine.  Hubby wonders what might be next!!

I'm off to spend some quality time with Lola.

I wish you a day filled with Peace & Plenty!




1 comment:

  1. When you are ready to start building your embroidery pattern library, let me know and I'll send you about 2500 links to sites where you can even get FREEBIES . . . I must have over 3,000,000 designs now . . .

    ENJOY your new fun!

    ReplyDelete