Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2016

GREAT SCOTS!

 

 


Who knew when we bought our daughter her first puppy in the 1970s I would fall love with Scotties for the rest of my life?

Yesterday I finished a little scottie quilt that I started in the 1990s.  At that time it had a black/red checkerboard border (very scottie, right?) and while it was cute enough it just wasn't fun.... so into the UFO pile it went.  It may have been my first UFO ever!
 
Fast forward to 2009 and I had the scottie top machine quilted.  I didn't like the design I chose so I picked out every stitch of the quilting and also removed the border and back into the UFO pile it went.  In late 2015 I found a happy print for a new border and back to the quilter it went....this time I was thrilled with the results.  A few hours of embellishing fun later and this was the result.  The girls have tutus, bows and some bling.  It's a funky little quilt for sure, but it evokes ever so many wonderful memories for us. 


 
 

Thank you Brandy (17 yrs), Chloe (11 yrs), Molly (14 years) and Bogey (2 yrs) for sharing your lives with us and allowing me to be your Mom.  Dottie and Olive are 8 and 6 and are doing their best to honor their ancestors.  The quilt will hang in the room where they sleep.

Warm regards, Barb





 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment