Followers

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Bzzzzzz! Bzzzzzz!

At last the Bee Quilt is finished and we love it!  Eventually it will go to my Granddaughter Bree.  When she was little she called herself Bee.  I hope this will bring back some happy memories for her.

So here's the quilt ~~~~


The fabric line is Tiger Lily Ballerina and I think the colors are lovely.  The squares are 3" finished and since there were so many of them, I decided to make the quilt in quadrants and handle them like a 4-patch.  The quilt measures approximately 50x60 and the backing is the coral butterfly fabric from the front.  Reggie did her micro-mini stippling on the wings ~~~



I also got back a beautifully quilted runner I pieced from strips of fabric from the Asian Legacy line.  This fabric feels just like silk.  Reggie free-motion quilted a different motif in each strip.


That's it for me this time.  I have loads of housework to catch up on today.  It also looks like another storm is headed our way.  I hope the sun is shining on you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment