Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

ANOTHER OLDIE



The past two weeks have been so crammed with appointments and short trips out of town I've hardly had time to catch my breath.  Things should begin to settle a little now.

It's only 8 degrees here this morning.  I think a hot bowl of oatmeal would be perfect today. 

Somehow I have managed to sneak in a few quick sewing sessions lately.  I'm currently working on a child's quilt for an intensive care unit in St Louis.  I love sewing for kids, whether it's clothes or quilts!  I will post pictures later on this one.

Last week I put an old family quilt on our bed for the winter.  I love how the colors blend.  Normally I like the fabrics in my quilts to have a lot of contrast, but this particular quilt looks perfect with the colors melting into each other.






The colors are cream, teal, shades of rose/burgundy and gold.  It is hand pieced and hand quilted and it's one of our favorites.  The bed always looks dressed up with this quilt gracing the top!!   It's a dream to sleep under.  

The morning is calling me to get moving.  Until next time I wish you a day filled with Peace & Plenty!!

1 comment: