Followers

Friday, June 7, 2013

SLOW FRIDAY



Our yellow day lilies are just beginning to bloom.  Usually they bloom in early April and are gone in a week or so.  Each bloom lasts about one day and is quickly replaced by another bloom.

I was able to pick up my latest projects from my quilter and now I have the task of binding everything to look forward to.  Some quilters love binding ~~  others, not so much!  I fall into the first category, probably because it means I will soon have another project completed and ready to gift to someone or to use in our home.  I sew my binding to the front of my projects and turn it to the back and stitch it down by hand.  I love doing this in the evening while we watch TV or on a lazy Saturday afternoon.  I will post pictures as I get items completed. 

Our cool summer days will be just a memory soon, as they are predicting 90 degree weather next week.  This will be great for the tomatoes and other veggies in our containers.  It will also make the grass grow faster and we will have to mow more often for a while.  It seems like everything is a trade-off!

In about three weeks our household will undergo a change.  Most of you know that we had to say goodbye to our beloved Scottie , Miss Molly, two months ago.  Since then our house has been way too quiet.  In about three weeks my daughter is bringing us her two Scottie girls, Dottie and Olive, who will be staying with us for a few months.  I've never had two Scotties at the same time and this will possibly be an adventure for all of us  At the very least, it will be fun!!  More on this later.

I'm easing into my Friday and would like to wish each of you a great weekend filled with Peace & Plenty.   Barb 



No comments:

Post a Comment