Followers

Saturday, June 15, 2013

TIS' THE SEASON


It's the season of intense yard work for us.  We constantly push Mother Nature back, otherwise we could be consumed by the woods, weeds, grasses, poison ivy, etc.  Keeping everything cut  also discourages snakes from coming too close to the house. 

It's also the season to begin planning and sewing Christmas items if you are a quilter.  Even my little fabric store in town has their new lines of Christmas prints.  I weakened and bought several (15) yards of Wintergraphix II by 'In The Beginning'.  This is top quality quilting fabric and I got it on sale for $2.99 a yard.  At that price, I bought the whole bolt!!



My plan is to alternate blocks of this fabric (maybe 9-patch blocks) with some beautiful machine embroidered designs I bought a while back.  They will blend together just fine.  I also would like to make some holiday pillows and napkins and  should have enough to do all of this.  Since this fabric doesn't scream Christmas, I can use it for winter after Christmas has passed.  What are your sewing plans for Christmas??

This is also Father's Day weekend.  Baby back ribs, potato salad, baked beans, fruit salad and homemade rolls are on our menu.  There will also be a dessert of some sort also.  To  fathers everywhere, I wish them a very special day!

Wishing everyone a great weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment