Followers

Sunday, December 15, 2013

BITS & PIECES


The curious thing for me about blogging is that I don't always find new things to write about.  Some days are interesting (to me!) but many of my days are ho-hum.  I keep writing and sharing and hope that even the dull days will be of interest to some of my readers.  Sometimes just a glimpse into someone's life can be a connection and source of peace and continuity.

We are having a slow weekend due mostly to the weather.  Our 8 inches of snow is beginning to melt a little and the temperature is bitter.  Hubby is working on the roof/gutters trying to get things freed up a little.  I am worried he might fall or slip and/or get frostbite on his hands.  Dottie is trying her best to keep him company through the living room window ~~  barking and whining most of the time.

I have two cooking shows on Saturday morning TV that I enjoy, Pioneer Woman and especially Farmhouse Rules.  I love down-to-earth cooks with simple, satisfying food.  We aren't fancy eaters or fancy people for that matter.  I'm simmering some pork loin for pulled pork sandwiches for dinner.  I will serve it with some oven baked fries, slaw and homemade applesauce.  Earlier this week I make a huge pot of bean soup with ham and we finished that up last night for dinner.  This is the perfect weather for filling soups and stews.

Many of you know that I love to do machine embroidery almost as much as I love making quilts.  My machine has been clattering away for weeks embroidering a lovely assortment of snowflakes that I'm giving as holiday gifts ~~



Christmas is getting closer and closer.  We don't make a huge fuss about giving gifts anymore.  The grandkids are grown and appreciate money more than anything.  A few handmade items round out their gifts.  I give small handmade items to our friends, occasionally shocking some of them with something big (like a large quilt for their king bed).  I love to give and receive the unexpected. 

Hubby and I have been a little under the weather for two weeks with the seasonal crud that goes around this time of year.  It has to run its course regardless of everything else you do.  I'm trying to get extra rest. 

Take care ~~ stay warm ~~~ be careful on the roads ~~~ and enjoy the season. 

Peace & Plenty   ~~~~~   Barb






1 comment:

  1. Your snowflakes are beautiful Barb! I hope your husband got everything squared away with any problems or injuries and that you're both feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete