Followers

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

LOOKING BACK


This is such a busy time of year with all the shopping, baking and decorating.  I decided to slow myself down today and  look back over 2013 and what I accomplished in my sewing room. 

How do you measure the creative productivity of a year of your life?  Is it by the number of projects completed ~~ the difficulty of the projects completed ~~  helping someone else learn to create ~~  how much you learned  ~~   or by your personal satisfaction? 

This is personal reflection time for me.  This year my most rewarding times were when I was able to make something and offer it to someone who needed what I made.  Sewing for charitable groups is very fulfilling.  I also managed to get some quilts made for my family but I have several yet to make.

In 2013 I made a Jellyroll Race quilt and pillowcases for my granddaughter; a Rising Sun quilt plus a pillowcase for my grandson; a Summer Bazaar quilt; Dresden Plate quilt made from 1930's reproduction prints; Log Cabin table topper; Tomato Quilt to celebrate our incredible tomato harvest; 4 small quilts and 32 pillowcases for charity; 4 table runners; a large Halloween tote bag;  and countless embroidered snowflake ornaments.  Below are a few pictures:
RISING SUN QUILT

JELLYROLL RACE


SUMMER BAZAAR
 
 
 

PILLOWCASES FOR CYBER ELVES


FLIRT RUNNER

HALF SQUARE SCRAP RUNNER
 


valentine runner
 
 
 


DRESDEN PLATE

Add caption
 I'm pleased with my 2013 projects.  By far the most fun projects to work on were the tomato quilt and the Happy Jack tote.  The most involved project was the Dresden Plate quilt because I chose to do a lot of hand sewing.  The scalloped border and binding was a fun to do but it took a lot of time.
 
My goal for next year (and every year) is to finish some UFOs (unfinished objects) and then find some new projects just for fun.  If it's not fun, why do it!!!
 
Looking back, are you pleased with your creative year?
 
Wishing you bushels of Peace & Plenty!!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty pleased with what I accomplished this past year. I made a quilt for charity, two quilts for two special girls that lost their mom 4 years ago and a quilt for myself, my mom and my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How encouraging. Thank you for sharing your 2013 projects allowing a sister to stop, smell the roses (your site is beautiful).

    Again, thanks for the DWR advice. Plenty of time in the future for me to tackle that one. ;-)

    Namaste,

    Lyric
    http://www.sewandcrocom

    ReplyDelete