Followers

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

TOUCHING BASE


We have been extremely busy lately with family matters but things are beginning to level out now. 

We are having a very welcome break from the extreme heat and humidity, which has been really refreshing after the heavy days of the past few weeks.  It's hard to believe that July is gone already. 

I picked up my daughter's birthday quilt from Reggie today and I have part of the binding sewn on.  I can't post pictures of it until my daughter has seen it.  I'm hoping she likes it.  After I finish the binding I need to make a label and possibly a matching pillowcase.  Reggie did a wonderful job on the quilting.  I sewed on the binding and just have the hemming to finish.  I love doing hand sewing and sewing binding is one of my favorite things to work on.

Although I've not really been sewing, I have been playing with the embroidery machine.  I found some really cute banners that I would like to try making as gifts for the holidays. 

How are you making it through the Summer?  The Girls have been exceptionally well behaved and sweet the past two weeks.  It seems that Dottie has finally settled into a place in the family that's comfortable for all of us.  Sweet Olive gets so frustrated with her when she misbehaves.  It's very much like having small children again!

Our meals have been simple and quick lately.  Several nights I made a large salad and along with some hot bread that was our whole meal.  Grapes and melons are really sweet right now as we enter into the Dog Days of Summer.

Wishing you a bounty of good things in your life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment