Followers

Sunday, April 17, 2016

THE BEE QUILT

I fell in love with a pieced bee quilt several months ago and did something I rarely do, I bought a quilt kit. I'm finding that I'm short on some fabrics and the instructions say to rip apart scraps for making other blocks.  This is cutting it a little too close for comfort.  I've already gone into my stash for substitute fabrics.  I have been able to find a fat quarter pack of  the designer fabrics, but not the solids that were also in the kit.  It's a great design and a wonderful fabric line....just not enough fabric.

On the positive side, I think I will love the quilt when it's done, as it reminds me of my granddaughter, Bree.  When Bree was small she called herself "Bee".  This is not a sophisticated quilt so I know it wouldn't appeal to Bree now, but maybe when she's a Mom she would like to have it.  That is IF I'm able to finish it.

The directions are on a graph (thankfully) and I decided I would divide the graph into quadrants so it would be easier to handle.  This is what I have so far......

Back to the drawing board ~~~~  Barb



No comments:

Post a Comment