Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stippled Beauty

I have been away several days and have really missed my blogging. Our heatwave continues and we are still dashing from one air-conditioned space to the next!  This weather will break sooner or later.

The local swimming pool has been THE place to endure this heatwave.  Kids and parents are stacked in there like cord wood and our locals are sporting unusually tanned faces this year.  Of course, the kids think this is all great fun!

We are running out of friends and neighbors to take our overload of tomatoes, so I will be dragging out the canner tomorrow and putting up about a dozen quarts for our use this winter.  That should take care of things for a while.

As much as I love handmade quilts, I occasionally succumb to an especially nice store bought quilt.   I fell in love with this quilt while on a short trip to Branson, Missouri a few years ago.  What I think is so nice is the lovely small stippling that covers every inch of this beauty ~



The colors are easy to live with and the pattern is so nice.  It's a King, which makes it a very heavy quilt.  For having small stippling over the entire surface, this quilt is unusually supple and drapes beautifully.


The backing is cocoa brown with soft pink cabbage roses.  I use the back as often as the front and it looks very shabby chic when paired with white pillow shams and throw pillows.  The edges are scalloped.  I could not have made this quilt for the price I paid to buy it and it's very nicely made. 

I am currently working on a Halloween block swap and have 26 wild and happy blocks to make and send off.  Here's a peek at my piles of strips ~

Quite a bit of organizing will take place before I can begin sewing!


Until next time I wish you bushels of Peace & Plenty! 




No comments:

Post a Comment