Followers

Friday, September 21, 2012

Confessions of a Candyholic

Hubby and I were in bed last night watching TV when he turned to me and asked what I was thinking about.  I replied, "I'm thinking about candy."  This comment got the biggest fit of laughter I've witnessed in a long time.  "How do you think about candy?", he asked....Oh if he only knew!

Since I was a child I have loved candy...not once in a while, but all the time.  If my mother didn't watch me I could begin my morning with candy and end my day the same way.  Fortunately, I have good teeth despite all the warnings that the candy would rot the teeth out of my head. 

Most people mark their years by birthdays, vacations, graduation, births, boyfriends/girlfriends, etc.  In my life most of my years were marked by candy holidays.  Let's begin the year with St. Valentine's Day and the luscious array of chocolates in every shape, glorious chocolate covered cherries, conversation hearts with sweet little words, heart-shaped boxes of chcolate from your true love. The next significant candy holiday is Easter with pastel jellybeans, Peeps in all colors, chocolate bunnies and chocolate-covered marshmallow eggs that actually come in an egg carton!  Candydom has a real lull between Easter and Halloween, but it's so worth waiting for.  My heart skips a beat when the Halloween isles are loaded with bags of every candy you can imagine.  I absolutely love the variety bags with assortments of candies, candy corn, M&M's in tiny bags, peanut butter kisses (to die for).  Let's not overlook all the favorite candy bars that come in mini and fun size during Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment