Followers

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday ~ Sunday



Our impatiens in front of the garage are still looking good.  As soon as our temperature drops a few more degrees they will be gone.  That's always a sad day for me.  For some reason I have always had very good luck with impatiens and I plant them liberally around the front of the house in pots every year. 

Yesterday we had a short workday planned out of town, which turned into a long workday, so our fun plans had to be postponed until a later date.  I was able to make quick stops at two quilt shops on our way home ~ not the ideal situation for me when Hubby is parked at the curb with the engine running!  Talk about shopping under the gun! I managed to find a few purple fabrics for my new quilt that will become my winter project ~~


These will be added to the purples already in my stash.  This new project will be a Log Cabin variation in purples and cream only.  More on this later.  In the meantime I need to busy myself making the surprise project for my Secret Sister Santa group I joined.  My SS is out of the country, so I need to get her gift completed so it can be mailed early.  I can't tell you what it is just in case she follows my blog.

One of the quilt shops I visited yesterday was celebrating their 16th anniversary, so everything was 16% off.  They also had drawings for door prizes ~ pincushions in the shape of cake slices ~~  and guess who won one of the 16!  There are also a few decorated pins that were included.  Cute!


Hubby is nearly dragging me off the computer to walk with him in the woods to set up a tree stand for hunting.  How can I say no to my teddy bear of a husband!



Until next time, take care and I wish you an abundance of
                                       Peace & Plenty!









No comments:

Post a Comment