Followers

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Monday Again???

This is a Wednesday that has felt like Monday all day.  I'm dragging a bit and maybe that's because we have been having electrical storms since about midnight.  We are catching up with the rain that eluded us this spring and prevented us from having a good garden and flowers.

In another week or so it will be time for flannel jammies, socks and long sleeves - maybe even the occasional jacket.  The trees are just beginning to turn color and fall.  I can't wait for the first snow!

I'm in a bit of a break from sewing right now, having done more than usual the last two weeks or so.  The wheels are turning in my head and the new quilt list is getting longer and longer.  Seriously, I need to pull some of the UFO's out and work on them.  Here are just a few.....


There is a tremendous amount of work in these blocks.  The blades were machine pieced, but they were then appliqued to the block by hand and so was the center circle.  These need to be layed out and sewn together and have border(s) added.  A special trip was made to Springfield to shop for the background fabric.


This is half of a Jellyroll Race quilt that just needs a border and quilting.  It's made from the Swiss Chocolate line of fabric.


All this Christmas runner needs is binding. 

I work on several projects at the same time because I become easily bored working on just one at a time.  This means I finish up several projects around the same time and many of my quilty friends think all I do is sew.  This is not so - I takes LOTS of breaks from sewing, but never from thinking about and planning future projects!

What type of quilter are you?  Do you work on just one project at a time.  When you shop for fabric, are you buying for several projects at the same time?  I would love to hear how you go about this.

Until next time, Hugs and Best Wishes....Barb






2 comments:

  1. What kind of quilter am I? I am one with lists and lists and print-outs of what I want to do. And I'll start something and then have another idea hit so I'll abandon the first and start a new one . . . and on and on and on. When I complete a project I'm over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the type of quilter who buys quilt kits. I read the quilting magazines and have to buy the kit to the cute quilt in it. I hunt online stores and buy kits of cute quilts. I have over 30 quilt kits just sitting in my sewing room, waiting for me to start on them. My husband gave me $300 for my birthday and I bought quilt kits with the money. I went to the LQS and they sell kits, so I bought quite a few of them.
    Now, I am giving some of them away because I am overwhelmed by how many kits I have. I need to downsize.
    I also buy fabric lines...fat quarter bundles, layer cakes, jelly rolls, charms and yardages of a few of the fabrics I love in the line. I have so many of those. And I am afraid to cut into them because I know the minute I do, I will find the perfect project for them.
    I have layer cakes...lots of them. Lots of jelly rolls. I buy yardage with care. I do the "It Takes 5" when I shop. You buy 5 1-yard of different fabrics and the book has patterns. Helps me when I shop.
    I have never made a scrappy quilt. I have tons of scraps. I only sew with a pattern or by watching Jenny Doan make a block. Never made anything that cropped up in my head.
    Well, love your blog. It's got a feeling of "homemade" and not one of those that companies pay the blogger to blog about. I truly am crazy about your blog. I'll be back. I want to read the whole thing. The only thing I don't like is how you have to write what is shown to publish something. I get it wrong every time. I have to do it about 4 times to get it right. My blog is www.mylifeasaquilter.blogspot.com. Come visit. I haven't been blogging lately, but if you go back a bit, you'll see my messy room and a lot of my quilts. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete