Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

SHY SPRING



Our Spring seems to be shy this year ~~ one day of Spring followed by two or three days of Winter.  Friday it snowed for three hours but it was gone immediately because everything was wet from the storms the day before.  We are having beautiful weather for the weekend.

The planting bug has bitten us and we are itching to see our flowers bloom and get our hands into the soil.  I have long suspected we are both frustrated farmers at heart.  Jeff loves to run all the outdoor equipment ~~ tiller, leaf blower, hedge trimmer, mower, etc.  I enjoy the quietness of of planting the flowers.  This year I will sorely miss my little helper, Miss Molly. 


I failed to mention it's spring turkey season and Hubby is getting ready for his yearly trip.  I will have about 3 days alone, so I plan to get a lot of sewing done.

I have been sewing tumblers together for our summer quilt.  They are into rows now and all that's left is to sew the rows together, trim the edges and decide about a border.  This pattern was designed without a border, so I will have to think on this one!

I've been absent from this blog for a while with some health issues and also feeling like I have nothing to share with you right now.  I'm sure we are grieving the loss of Molly and nothing interests me enough to write about it at the moment. 

I should be back to myself soon...


Wishing you a great Sunday with family and friends....Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment