Followers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Country Saturday





I hope the sun is shining wherever you are.  The hummingbirds are in a feeding frenzy this morning.  Since they drink a quart of food every day I make my own.  My recipe is three cups water and one cup granulated sugar.  Bring mixture to a full boil...remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.  This makes the perfect amount of food for our feeder.  Since it's so easy to make, I cook it fresh each day. 

The Double Wedding Ring quilt (above) was made by my Greatgrammy Rose (and me to a much lesser degree) when I was a child and just learning to sew.  I have sweet memories of Grammy wrapping my finger with tape because there wasn't a thimble small enough to fit my tiny finger.  She sat me on her lap and taught me the "in and out" motion of quilting.  She was the most tirelessly patient person in the world.  She also taught me the much-used skill of ripping out!  This blog is dedicated to my Grammy Rose in gratitude for all the hours she invested in me helping me learn to sew and quilt.   In everything I sew there is a whisper of Grammy Rose.  Most of the fabrics in this quilt were scraps and old clothing...I recognize many of the prints from Grammy's aprons and housedresses. 

Thanks for popping in!  I hope you have a wonderful Saturday.....

3 comments:

  1. Such an heirloom quilt Barb. You truly are blessed to have it. Not any quilters in my family. I guess I'm the first. I just hope I can pass along a few to my grands.

    Alana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous quilt, how lucky are you to have it.

    I made a double wedding ring wall hanging for a friend a couple of years ago, I really enjoyed doing it and I must admit I was very pleased with it when its was finished, I think there are pictures of it on my blog somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Barb. Love the quilt you and Grammie Rose made together. All of your work is wonderful! Hugs, Jan L.

    ReplyDelete