Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Morning

Yesterday was one of those deliciously slow early summer days.  We were visited by friends from out of town.  As usual, my friend Jenny threatened to sneak home with my latest quilt!  I love the comfort of old friendships.  It has been said that the road to a friend's home is never long and it's so true with Dave and Jenny. 

My sewing room is a total disaster now.  DH has promised that this evening we will raise up the first cabinet.  I can see where it will take at least a month to get my room functional.  For now I'm without a sewing spot, but there are plenty of hand projects awaiting my needle!

Today I have a tiny quilt to share with you, 8 1/2'x11" ~ the size of a piece of printer paper!  Once again, it's a flying geese pattern made from scraps of 1930's reproduction fabric.  Every once in a while I get the urge to sew something really small.   This hangs on the wall in my sewing room.  I encourage you to try a favorite pattern in miniature for a whole new adventure in quilting!  The old Wonder Bread ruler looks a bit crooked!  By now you have probably noted that photography is not my strong point....

The lightning bugs made their first appearance of the year last night!  I remember catching them in jars and using them as 'flashlights' in our tent in the backyard when I was a child. 

Peace & Plenty...Barb






No comments:

Post a Comment