Followers

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lazy Day




It's shaping up to be a lazy Spring day.  The birds seem to be having vocal competitions this morning and the rooster is not to be outdone.   I will most likely sew some binding strips together for the quilt that will soon come back from the long-arm quilter.  An hour or so working on the flowers would be a treat I may give myself.

Today I'm sharing an appliqued quilt I made in 1967.  Quilts of this type were sold in dime stores in a kit that included everything you needed to complete the quilt top and binding except for the thread.  The quilting design was stamped on the white background, which made the hand quilting much more enjoyable.  Every quilter should make at least one appliqued quilt and this is my one and only fully appliqued quilt.  Although I love the look of appliqued quilts and respect the amount of time they take to make, I prefer making patchwork quilts. 




I hope all is well in your corner of the world.  Life is good!

Peace & Blessings.....Barb

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Barb. That is a lot of work there. I have done only partially appliqued quilts. Love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, this is so similar to the one I made for my oldest grand-daughter (see my albums on the forum). Isn't it amazing how we did scalloped borders and applique without truly knowing what we were up against (maybe not for you, but definitely for ME). Love yours!
    Sandy N./NWMO

    ReplyDelete