Followers

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

CHICKEN PINNIES


Quilting is my passion but sometimes I take a detour and make small items.  Yesterday I made a chicken pincushion from two leftover 9-patch blocks (6 inch).  There is a good tutorial for this project at Missouri Star Quilts.  My little chicken didn't turn out real well, but she will hold pins and keep me company when I sew.  Here it is ~~~~~



It needs a little more stuffing and something heavy in the bottom so it will sit well.  The eyes are straight pins with black glass heads. It was a fun project and I have a few ideas for personalizing the next ones I make.  Yes, I plan to make a few more just for fun.

Today I want to start making shams and pillowcases to go with my daughter's birthday quilt.  She isn't expecting these.  Her quilt was sent to her last week and she received it Friday.  She called me when it arrived and she was thrilled. 

We are going to have a few cool days until the weekend.  This will be a welcome relief from the humidity that's been so heavy.  We got some rain and the yard has greened up again, so I will be out on the mower a little later this morning.  I love to mow when the weather is nice.  We won't be mowing that much longer before we can stop for the year. 

Thanks for stopping in ~~~  have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment