Followers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

LITTLE LOG CABIN



I've been away due to a relapse of the illness I had recently.  I believe I am now well on the road to good health again.  I have my fingers crossed this is so!

Yesterday I finished binding a little Log Cabin quilt I pieced a  while back ~~  quite a while back.  It is made from scraps and measures 25 inches square.  The little corner blocks are just 2.25".  As you might imagine they were a bit tedious to make. 





I like to do something a little different in every quilt I make, even if it's small.  The backing on this quilt is an old cotton rice bag.   I thought it would echo the country feeling of the quilt top.  Due to the thickness of the bag I decided to do machine quilting.  The stitch I used is called the Cretan stitch and is a variation of the blanket or buttonhole stitch.  We will use this as a table topper on our kitchen table. 

It feels so good to have another UFO finished.  My next project will be to finish my grandson's quilt...no hints or pictures in case he reads my blog! 

Food is beginning to sound good to me again and I am cooking a beef roast in the crockpot with golden mushroom soup.  This is something simple but yummy at the end of the day. 


Wishing you all the very best of life!   Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment