Followers

Thursday, March 28, 2013

ARCHIVES



Quilt Archives
Our old workhorse of a printer expired this week.  Yesterday I made the long trek to the nearest 'real' town and bought us a new printer that has more bells and whistles that I thought possible on one machine.  It's like Lucy Ricardo's Handy-Dandy Kitchen Helper that "slices, dices, minces.....all in one handy little machine."  Our printer scans, copies, faxes, prints photos and documents.  The odd thing is that the new printer cost less than our old printer that was a one-trick pony...it could only print!

I have been thinking a lot lately about what we would about our quilts in case of emergency.  In case of fire or tornado there is very little a person could do to save them all...maybe being able to save a few.  But what about in case of theft?  Granted we live in a very low crime area, but a person never knows.  It's often easy to get a false sense of security when you live in a rural area. 

This morning I spent an hour printing pictures of our quilts.  I will add some text by hand and these will go into our security box at the bank. 

I made a wonderful pot roast yesterday from a recipe from Jillee at www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com.  She called it a Vegas Meets Mississippi Roast. 

This is a crockpot recipe.  Take a 3-4 pound chuck roast and place in your crockpot.  I always spray the inside of my crock for easy clean-up.  Sprinkle a packet of Good Seasons Salad Dressing Mix and one packet of AuJus on top of the meat.  Take one stick of butter and cut it into pieces and lay on top of the roast.  Add 5-6 pepperoncini peppers into the crock and cook on low for about 6 hours or until the meat is tender. 

Make gravy with the drippings on the stove.  I added some Wondra Flour to the broth and brought it to a boil  I had to add water to the broth because it was quite strong.  

This can be shredded with a fork or cut into chunks and served with the gravy.  Our leftover meat will have bbq sauce added and served on hamburger buns.  Everyone in our house gave their seal of approval to this dish...especially Miss Molly.

I hope your day is filled with joy and quilts....Barb


No comments:

Post a Comment