Followers

Saturday, March 9, 2013

QUILTED HEARTS



The new year has been..shall we say 'different'.  Normally I'm out of the starting gate on New Year's Day industriously working on new projects.  Not so in 2013...so far it's been pretty (yawn...) boring.  Not that boring isn't nice (and needed) at times.

Last night I finished up the two table runners I intended to have ready for Valentine's Day 2013.  Both runners are made from the tutorial at Missouri Star and are also featured in the new quilting magazine Quilting Quickly (first edition).  The heart design would also make a darling small quilt to drape over a table or chair.  In one runner all three hearts are aligned in the same direction...in the other, the center one is turned.  You can add or subtract as many hearts as your heart desires!




The top runner is made from Flirt (by Moda).  I like the bright contemporary colors and think it worked up cute.  The second runner has hearts made from hand-dyed fabric.  It took forever to get the dye to quilt running on this fabric and I'm thankful I dealt with it before I made the runner.  The border fabric is a romantic postcard print called My Funny Valentine.  Each runner took me about one hour of cutting and construction time.  Each heart takes only six 5" squares and a few 2 1/4" squares.  The binding takes more time than everything else combined.  Some day I will get the nerve to machine bind..until then I attach the binding by machine and tack it down on the back by hand.  Both runners are machine quilted with hearts and loops.

Table runners are simple to make and add so much to your decor.  They are also nice if you need some instant gratification and they also make great little gifts.  I think I will make up a few more of these this year to have on hand for gifting...everyone seems to like hearts.  I think they would be darling made from black prints...

Wishing you a wonderful Saturday filled with Peace & Plenty.....Barb

1 comment:

  1. Cute runners and your hand-dyed fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete