Followers

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MOTHER'S DAY


Mother's Day was very enjoyable this year.  I got calls from my daughter and both grands and enjoyed talking to everyone so much.  My grandchildren are young adults now and have a lot of interesting things to share. They are both taking college classes, as is their mother (my daughter) who is studying at the Aveda Institute in Albuquerque.  We have a lot of excitement in our family right now and everyone is doing very well.  Hubby cooked dinner for me and even washed the dishes!

I have been working on a quilt for my grandson for his birthday in July and have it prepped and ready to go the my quilter.  I think he will like this, as it's made from southwest prints as a reminder of his trips to visit his Mom at the ranch in New Mexico.  I'm not going to show the quilt until he receives it, but here are snippets of some of the fabrics, which are from the Rising Sun collection by Moda.



I'm very enthused about quilting again after a few weeks of not wanting to sew.  I took a few smaller items to my quilter, Reggie, last week and should have them back in a week or so.  She was covered up with quilts waiting for her magic touch!

Until next time, I wish you all the best....Barb


  

No comments:

Post a Comment