Followers

Saturday, July 13, 2013

A WONDERFUL AFTERNOON!


This afternoon Hubby surprised me and took me to our gorgeous local tea room for lunch.  This was his first time there, but my daughter and I ate there three times last week while she was visiting.  The food is wonderful there.

The decor is rustic/elegant shabby chic.  Elegant items are juxtaposed against very rustic, rusting items.  Old quilts line some of the walls, the china and utensils and all the dining tables are old and the overall place is decorated absolutely beautifully.  I wish we would have taken our camera...sorry, but next time!

I had a large Berry Salad with raspberry dressing.  The salad was composed of mixed field greens, fresh strawberries, dried cranberries, diced cucumber and a smidge of alfalfa sprouts.  The dressing is good enough to drink!  I was then served the best cream of broccoli soup I've ever tasted.  Since I just ordered a cup, it was served in a teacup and saucer.  The soup was crowned with a few homemade croutons and a little melted cheese.  Hubby had a pastrami Panini lunch special, which came with a side salad and homemade chips and a pickle.

On the way through the antique section of the building I picked up and bought a nice old teapot/chocolate pot for our coffee table.




This turned out to be a very nice day indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment