Followers

Sunday, October 6, 2013

BLUEBERRY SCONES & A GOOD WEEKEND



Good morning.  Our house is just waking up.  Coffee is smelling good and in a bit I'll wander to the kitchen to make some blueberry scones to enjoy with our coffee/tea.  I've made the executive decision that we will have breakfast for dinner tonight and this morning we will eat light.  Eating light seldom goes over well with Hubby. 

I don't know where the last week has gone.  I feel like the next time I turn around it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas. 

Yesterday my daughter told me that the Girls (Dottie & Olive) are ours to keep.  If you are new to my blog, you will find pictures of them in past posts.  We are thrilled to keep them and to be able to keep them in our family.  Not everyone understands Scotties and their quirks and personalities.  We have been a Scottie family for 44 years.  Dottie & Olive are Scotties #5 and #6 to share their lives with us.

I have had some hurdles to jump over recently but things are coming together for me in a nice way. 

Now I'm off to make those scones.....




Ingredients:

3 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
lemon zest (optional)

For Glaze:
1 egg, well beaten
granulated sugar

Mix dry ingredients and blueberries in a large bowl.  Beat eggs and milk together with a fork and add to dry ingredients, mixing until combined.  Mixture will be crumbly.

Turn dough onto a lightly floured counter and press into a 9-inch round that's approximately 9" in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.  Beat egg for glaze and brush over circle of dough.  Sprinkle generously with sugar.  Cut into 12 wedges and place on baking sheet.  I use parchment paper to avoid sticking.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. 

These are no picture perfect scones, but they're yummy and simple to make.  Note:  My scones look quite yellow because I cook with country eggs that have bright yellow/orange yolks.  If made with store-bought eggs, your scones will be light tan. 

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment