Followers

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A DOG'S DAY




It feels like a late Fall day today ~ ~damp and earthy with fallen leaves everywhere you look.  I hope the sun comes out to brighten things up a bit.  I love the cooler weather and look forward to wearing cool weather clothes again.

Even Dottie and Olive are feeling the change in the weather.  Instead of being bouncy and perky they want to lay around and snuggle together and nap most of the day.


We're a slow household right now.  I made a crockpot of French Onion Soup over the weekend and it was so good for a change.  This recipe is so simple yet so tasty.  If you would like to try it, here you go:

Into a crockpot put:
3 large onions (I use sweet onions) sliced thin ~
2 cans (14 ounces) low sodium Beef Broth (Swanson brand) ~
2 cans Beef Consomme (Campbell's brand) ~
1 envelope onion soup mix (Lipton's)
2-3 Tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)

Cook on High for 4 hours OR on Low setting for about 8 hours.

Top each bowl of soup with French bread slices topped with melted Swiss or Gruyere cheese.  I put mine under the broiler for a minute - watch closely.  I know some people like to pile the bread and cheese directly onto the top of the soup and put the bowl in the oven or under the broiler.  I like to avoid the mess and do it my own way.  Enjoy!

I'm going sew for part of the day ~  ~ ~

Wishing You a Blessed Day.....Barb



1 comment:

  1. Cold and damp here in the East Midlands U.K
    I sorted the curser problem

    ReplyDelete