Followers

Thursday, October 31, 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


I can remember how exciting Halloween was when I was a child.  We were allowed to wear our costumes to school and after dinner my sisters and I went door to door up and down our street trick-or-treating.  We would bring home quite a haul because at that time we lived in a subdivision in St Louis County.  Those were the days when we were allowed to keep homemade goodies like popcorn balls, bags of popcorn or cookies, and there was no fear of anything being tampered with to harm us.  Now we live in the country and have no trick-or- treaters  and also have no small children in our area. 

I still love Halloween but for more reasons than just getting candy.  Fall is normally in full swing for Halloween and the days are shorter.  The weather is cool and crisp, the trees are in all their glory and we are beginning to slow down from the busyness of summer and the mowing and gardening.  Savory home-cooked meals are in order right now ~~  chili, chicken & dumplings, beef stew, homemade soups and freshly baked bread and rolls. 

Today will be a sewing day for me.  I'm finishing up my Christmas 'little gifts' and working on the pillowcase project I showed you in my last blog.  I love sewing for children.

The Girls are sleeping in this morning after waking me at 4 am to go outside.  All well and good for them ~ they can nap all day.

Wherever you are I hope you have a Happy Halloween.

                          Peace & Blessings To You








1 comment:

  1. Just love these Halloween Bags
    Sometimes the site will not let me leave a comment but I'm reading . Bye

    ReplyDelete