Followers

Thursday, October 17, 2013

CHRISTMAS SCRIBBLES



I hate to mention this, but if you are planning to make handmade holiday gifts and you haven't begun them yet, the time is passing you by.   This is even more true if you plan to make sewn or quilted gifts. Christmas will be here before we know it!

This week I spent the better part of one whole day stitching out some holiday designs I found at Urban Threads (my absolute favorite embroidery designers).  These patterns are in the Scribble style, meaning they look like someone colored them with crayons and then outlined them in a dark color.  To me they almost look like watercolors.  The bells and the wreath pieces have words (this may be why they call this style Scribbles) from favorite Christmas carols in the background.  The poinsettias have a few lines of music notes.   I love the contrast of the casual scribbling and the beautiful threads.  Take a look and see if you like them.




Once again my photos are overexposed.  There is really much more color than you see here.  I'm thinking along the lines of  using these or similar designs to work into table runners, pillows, etc.  Each design takes an hour to stitch out and there are quite a few thread changes plus some metallic gold highlights. 

What are you planning to make for the holidays this year?  I would love to hear your ideas.


Wishing you a blessed day.......Barb

1 comment:

  1. Barb...I really like the poinsettas! These would look great as some kind of ornament as well! I am making a few quilts this year. I wish I had time to make one for everyone... but I usually only get 1 or 2 done each year and a few smaller projects as gifts... and then buy the rest.

    ReplyDelete