Followers

Monday, December 17, 2012

MUG RUGS


I have to admit that it feels a bit shallow blogging about the joy of sewing in light of the tragedy in Connecticut a few days ago and the resulting mourning and sorrow.  I know  that our prayers are with each an every person and family affected by this heinous act.  I pray for God's grace, peace and comfort. The sorrow that this act brought into a community and our nation is unfathomable.

We had a slow weekend, but I worked a little on some rug mugs that resemble a fingerprint.  I found these designs at www.secretsofembroidery.com  They come in a wide rage of designs, but I bought just three:  the coffee cup, a heart and a spiral.  These little mats are nice to hold a cup of tea or coffee and a few cookies.


 





These take about 15 minutes from start to finish and are a good way to use up scraps.  They measure about 5 x 6.5 inches.  One or two of these are cute rolled up and placed in a mug with some teabags or hot cocoa mix.  A quick and thoughtful gift.

Until next time, I wish you Peace.....Barb

3 comments:

  1. Very unusual mg rugs but it's nic to be different . I made just 2 but found several from last year when unpacking .

    I love that you visit my blog , thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the small thoughtful gifts, such as your lovely mug rugs and tea/cocoa making necessaries, are so much nicer than something store bought with very little thought attatched. Thank you for your lovely comment, and if it wasn't for that very large stretch of water between us it would be lovely to enjoy a cup of tea with you.

    Have a special, peaceful Christmas Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you free motion quilt the mug rugs? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete