Followers

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

THE DAY AFTER



I hope Santa filled your stocking with every sort of goodie and treat and that you had a wonderful time with family and friends on Christmas day!  I especially enjoyed my time on the phone with my granddaughter Bree. 

Our Christmas day was slow and sweet.  We had several calls from family and friends and followed that up with a good meal.  Actually I ate far too much and will have to take it easy today with the treats!

Traditionally this is the day to go shopping for next years Christmas cards and wrappings...also to exchange those items that don't fit or please you and to spend your gift cards!!  This is the day I don't go near a store of any type!  According to the news the holiday sales were the lowest since 2008 when the country was in a hard recession.  The good thing about being a quilter is that we manage to get our hands on fabric regardless of the economy.  I wonder if I should put myself on a fabric diet..not buying any more fabric until I use up at least 1/3 of my stash ~~~ no that will never happen (no discipline in this area!!). 

This is the time of year when I reflect over the last 12 months and look forward to the fresh new year.  I'm formulating some goals for my quilting and also personally.  Like everyone, I would love to lose some weight and be more physically fit.  

Creatively, I plan to use the 25th of each month to work on Christmas gifts for next year...isn't that a wonderful idea!!  Someone shared this idea on the quilting forum at Missouri Star and I thought it was such a great idea.  I use the month of January every year to plan and gather supplies for making Christmas gifts next year.  I have also made a commitment to make a few quilts for the Cardinal Glennon PICU in St Louis.  This project is so worth of my time and efforts. 

Wishing everyone a great Day After!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of dedicating the 25th of the month to Christmas gifts. I think I'll do that too...ehhhhh, do you think you can remind us?

    Happy New Year,
    Jan in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holidays!
    I am the one you talked to at the quilt shop in Rolla.

    ReplyDelete