Followers

Friday, March 21, 2014

HUBBY'S QUILT DONE


I can breathe a sigh of relief because Jeff's double Slice quilt is done except for the quilt label.  He wants me make one on the embroidery machine.



It was hard getting a picture of the whole quilt because it's so large.  I used two layer cakes from the Birchbark Lodge line by Moda.  It made a very generous queen.  The blocks are set 8x10.  If I ever make this quilt again I will make an extra block and set them 9x9.  My friend and long-arm quilter, Reggie, quilted the center of the quilt with her free-motion stippling.  She quilted the borders with oak and maple leaves.  The outer border is from the Birchbark line.  The backing is black/brown swirls.  There is a great tutorial on making a Double Slice quilt at Missouri Star Quilt Company. 

The Girls, Dottie & Olive, are totally curious about anything new that appears in their house.  They sniffed the quilt and gave it a little snooze test and approved with flying colors ~~

MISS DOTTIE

SWEET OLIVE


Now I have to pull out another UFO and see if I can finish it.  This could go on all year if I'm not careful!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment