Followers

Friday, August 23, 2013

BLAZING FRIDAY



It's blazing hot here today with incredibly high humidity to boot!  This is really a Dog Day of Summer.  They say that the snakes shed their skins during this time and we should be extra careful when outdoors because the snakes strike at everything during this time.  We are preferring the air-conditioned comfort of the indoors today.  Even the Scottie Girls go outdoors just long enough to do their 'bizznes' and hurry back indoors.  Yesterday Dottie had quite a romp through the water hose.  Olive is afraid of the hose and watched Dottie from indoors.  How different two pups of the same breed can be!

Hubby came home from work a few hours early today, so I took advantage of that and visited our local fabric shop.  You probably won't be shocked that I bought a few little things ~~~~~


 
 Four nice fabrics to go into a  few small Halloween project as
borders and backings.  These are all Henry Glass Fabrics.
 
 
 
 
The dark fabric on the top is leftover yardage from the Summer Bazaar quilt I made for this summer.  I want to make a set of matching pillowcases and bought the orange print for the cuffs of the cases.  I like the way they look together. 
 
 
 
 
 
This dotty fabric is called "Anything Goes Basics" by Barbara Jones for Henry Glass.  So fresh and happy looking!
 
 
 
 
 
This lovely lavender fabric is for my purple collection for a quilt I hope to make this winter ~~ a Log Cabin variation from purples and creams.  Doesn't that sound yummy!!
 
 
 
 
 
This is a piece of 108" backing fabric to help me finish up a stack of circle blocks I made earlier this year. 
 
 
Once again you can tell I have lots of pans in the fire!  I hope your creative juices are flowing right now.  Fall is not that far off and it will be time to slow down and get cozy and quilt.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Wishing you an awesome weekend!!
 
 
  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment