Followers

Friday, August 2, 2013

WHAT AM I DOING.....??



We are in the Dog Days of summer right now.  Days are slow and hot, iced tea can't be made fast enough, lunches are open-face tomato sandwiches, Popsicles are my snack of choice and dinners are sandwiches or salads. 

It seems that a good deal of my thoughts and chores are revolving around our tomatoes planted in 5-gallon buckets that Jeff has so lovingly nurtured through storms and hail.  How many gardeners would load their tomato buckets onto a trailer and drive them to safety during a severe storm?  In light of this I decided to commemorate this act of kindness by making a smallish quilt featuring tomatoes!  Yes, I'm probably losing my mind.  Here's a sneak peek of what's happening ~~



These are 8.5" red squares and the corners are snowballed with 2.75" squares.  I cut out a stem fused and stitched them to the top of the tomatoes.  The leaves, also fused and stitched, are on the alternating blocks.  I had everything for this quilt in my stash.  I still have a bit more sewing to put this together, but it's a fun project.  You can find the pattern for this project in the July/August issue of McCall's Quilting.  This pattern would also make a cute runner, which would have been more practical for my kitchen.  I may make one when I'm done with the quilt!

If you are enduring Dog Days where you live, take life slow and easy until it passes. 

Wishing you a day filled with Peace & Plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment