Followers

Monday, August 12, 2013

MOON FLOWERS


It's a beautiful day in our corner of the Ozarks.  Hubby Jeff had jury duty orientation this morning and took the rest of the day off.  The Girls (Dottie & Sweet Olive) and I are just hanging out.  I changed the sheets on our bed and washed a few loads of laundry.  Our mailperson brought me a fistful of bills plus a small envelope from Missouri Star Quilts.  I definitely prefer mail from Missouri Star!

This spring we planted a package of Moon Flower seeds, which  only bloom at night.  Ours have not reached the blooming stage, but the leaves are shaped like hearts and I think they're so pretty.  They are climbing up an antique metal headboard.


Storms are in our area again, so the sewing machine had to be unplugged all day. 

This evening I will make smoked sausage in bbq sauce, homemade potato salad and  green beans with almonds.  I planned to make more 'bikini bread' today but I decided to wait until the storms pass.

I hope the skies are blue and sunny where you are. 

Wishing you a day filled with Peace & Plenty!



No comments:

Post a Comment