Followers

Saturday, August 10, 2013

PICKING OUT STITCHES WITH WHAT....????


I'm checking in just to say I made it through a highly uncomfortable and long dental appointment Wednesday.  I'm not feeling like myself yet and the temporary bridge wedged in my mouth is almost unbearable. 

Our rain has stopped for now, although everything is drenched and there is standing water everywhere.  It's nice to see the sun shine again.  They say much more rain in on the way, but for now we are enjoying the sunshine.

Our Internet service was out most of the day due to a statewide outage.  It's such a strange feeling to be cutoff. 

I will make some easy tacos and beans for our dinner this evening.  I made a creamy jello salad this morning.  I believe it was once named Watergate Salad (not sure what it had to do with Watergate).  Try this some time:  Drain a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple well.  Mix the pineapple with a small package of lime Jello (dry) and 1 pound container of small curd cottage cheese and an 8 ounce container of Cool Whip.  Stir together and chill.  Other flavors of Jello can be used, but anything red makes this too sweet.  I think orange would be nice and maybe lemon.  This is a good way to get cottage cheese into someone who dislikes it.  Also, the measurement of the cottage cheese isn't carved in stone ~~  if you have more or less it will be fine.  If your cottage cheese is watery, drain it also. 

I tried to sew this morning but I couldn't concentrate so I gave up rather than create a lot of 'frogging'.  For those of you who haven't heard the term frogging related to sewing, it just means 'rip-it  rip-it'!  I sure have done my share of frogging!  My Greatgrammy Rose was a very devout Christian woman with some interesting theories.  One such theory was that it was ungodly to sew on Sunday.  She would tell me that every stitch I sewed on Sunday would have to be picked out with my nose when I get to heaven.  So, dear readers, my first few days in heaven will be spent doing you-know-what with my nose!  You've got to love a Grammy who was so passionately concerned about the wellbeing of my 5-year-old soul. 

Wishing you loads of blessings and Peace & Plenty!  Barb






No comments:

Post a Comment