Followers

Monday, May 19, 2014

A COUNTRY MONDAY

Sometimes I feel extra blessed to live in the country and today is one of those days.  Being able to walk around outdoors in your jammies and not have to worry about being seen is huge!  The Girls and I took a walk in the woods after Jeff went to work this morning.  Olive was on high alert the whole time, probably hoping to find a turtle to play with.  Dottie just wanted to dig in the mud.  The bottom line is that even though the Girls are fairly civilized they are still dogs and they love doing what dogs love to do.  Since Dottie needs a bath today anyway, I let her dig until she was tired.  Olive found a lizard and gave it a good chase on the way back to the house. 

The hummingbirds are drinking nearly a half gallon a day now. The box turtles are still passing through the yard on their pilgrimage to the woods.  Several are repeat visitors from last year.  I wrote in a previous post about how I've been marking their shells with a dot of nail polish, using a different color for each year.  So far this year we've had four return that were marked last year.  It's highly possible there were more that I didn't notice. 

We worked at the apartments all day Saturday and rented one unit.  We will have another opening up June 1st so it means we will be there for the next few weeks at least.  You meet a lot of different and interesting types of people when you have rentals.  This past weekend everyone we met was enjoyable and I think they would all would fit in well with the rest of our tenants. 

The mini tumbler runner is coming along slowly but surely.  There are now four rows sewn together and three more rows waiting to be pressed and sewn on.  I'm loving red and aqua together and it seems to be a trending combination.


One of the challenges of making this runner is keeping the stacks of tumblers sorted because I love to rummage through my fabrics.  I think the Bake Sale fabric line would work up darling in a mini runner. 

I hope you are working on something that makes you smile. 

Have a blessed day ~~~ Barb











1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great walk :-) Some days I wish we lived out in the country. Your table runner is coming along nicely! LOVE the colors!!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete