Followers

Monday, May 26, 2014

MEMORIAL DAY WISHES





This is the weekend that we take time to remember all the men and women who have served our country and especially those who gave our country the ultimate gift of their lives. 

My Dad served with the US Marine Corps in WWII and the Korean War.  I have a black and white picture of him hugging me the day he came home.  He is sitting on the edge of my bed in his uniform and I am in his arms. I can still remember missing my Dad and worrying that he might forget his way home.  I believe I was 4 or 5 when he came home to stay. 

The project at our old house is nearing completion.  We worked there all day yesterday and we will again today and tomorrow.  We are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  On Wednesday (inspection day) the madness will be over with one way or the other.  Either way, the work needed to be done.  The Girls have been staying at home and I come back every three hours or so to take them for a walk and to give them some hugs and biscuits. 

I managed to sew a few more rows on the mini tumbler runner.  When I'm tired like this it's not a good time for me to try to sew.  Let's just say the seam ripper is my best friend right now.  Are you working on any summer projects?  This is a good time to make smaller items such as placemats, sewing machine covers, tote bags, pillows, etc.  This is also the time to be thinking ahead to what you might want to make for Christmas gifts.  I'm thinking along the lines of making placemats as gifts this year.  It's simple to personalize placemats and makes sewing fun.

I hear our alarm clock buzzing, so I'm off for now.  Wishing you a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment