Followers

Friday, June 27, 2014

ALMOST SATURDAY


It's another blistering summer day in our little corner of Missouri.  This is the kind of day we would spend in the rockers in the shade of the porch when I was a little girl.  All of the chores would be done in the cool of the morning and the rest of the day was for reading or playing with paper dolls.  At some point it would be time for all of us to drink a glass of homemade lemonade and lie down for a nap.  In my case I was told that just being quiet and still would count as a nap.  It has always been hard for me to slow down and rest.

We have a busy day working at the apartments tomorrow, but we are going to be able to take Sunday and next weekend off.  We've been on a hectic work schedule lately.

I haven't had the time or the inclination to sew this past week.  That doesn't mean I don't think and dream about quilts and quilting.  Summer is always a hectic season for us, if just because of all the mowing.  Miss Dottie gets a daily romp with the garden hose or sprinkler.  I never saw a dog who enjoyed water the way she does.  The odd thing about her is that she hates to walk on wet grass unless she's running through the water.  I guess we all have our little quirks.  Sweet Olive got brave one day and took a drink from the hose.  This is huge progress for her. 

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.  I'll meet you back here Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment